Saturday, January 8, 2011

A painting is finished, a form is filled




Argh .... today I am devoting my precious weekend time to working on my promotion application. This entails a maze of forms that need to be creatively filled out in an effort to promote my contribution at work. I get extremely anxious filling out these forms. First, the workflow is confusing and not user friendly. Secondly, the language to complete these forms rewards those who have a firm grasp of 'biz speak'.

I do not.

So I tried to numb the pain by finishing up an art project. I can comfortably say that I am done with this piece. Instead of a canvas, I am using a scrap 1/4" plywood square, about 16x16". I like the way the light plays with the rough texture of the wood surface when painted. It is also a more economic way to experiment with thick coats of paint. Store bought stretch canvas is expensive, and paper can't handle the thick layers of paint I play with.




No comments:

Post a Comment