Monday, January 10, 2011

A form is finished, and painting is started

I regret having to resort to previous posts for title inspiration, but I saw an opportunity to highlight some symmetry, and I took it.

My blog, my rules.

I finally finished the form based workflow process that will start the ball slowly rolling for my promotion. This painful bureaucratic procedure makes the gradual removal of a bandage seem pleasurable.

Their company, their rules.

I offset this dreary task of self promotion by initiating another painting. I have no idea where I am going with this one. I am again using plywood as the substrate, this time laying down a thick layer of white gloss enamel as the base. Before slopping on the white, I dapped gobs of green acrylic on the plywood before spreading the enamel. This produced an interesting effect, with diffuse strands of green running through the jade background.

I crisscrossed the painting with painters tape to create a hash of squares, then sprayed on some matte black to get to the point pictured on the left. I have no idea what I am trying to achieve here, just in case you think there is some unknown brilliance guiding my thoughts. Jan is recommending that I stop right where I am. I think I might take her advice on this one. There are a couple places to touch up, then I might just leave it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment